Sack Man is a monstrous demon and a major antagonist in the Night Owl series, being a creature associated with the Bogeyman of legend and a much reviled spirit that has appeared in many cultures across the ages and in many forms.
Due to his extreme abuse as a child Night Owl has been especially haunted by the Sack Man, since his father would often wear a burlap sack over his head when performing the Sigil rituals that scarred his body and mind, inspired by the Sack Man, who Samuel had been studying for many years.
Being a demon that feeds on fear Sack Man enjoys tormenting Night Owl by taking this form when it is forced into confronting him "in person" but this far from it's "true" form - indeed even the most experienced occult researchers have only a vague idea of what the Sack Man's actual appearance may be.
Powers / Abilities
- Corruption (Sack Man can corrupt other beings, making their more negative aspects prominent)
- Manifestation (Fear) (Sack Man manifests differently to those it encounters, based on their inner-fears)
- Dimensional-Control (Sack Man can enter other dimensions as well as rule over his own dimension of shadow)
- Parasitic Control (Sack Man can create small worm-like creatures that enter the bodies of living creatures and put them under the Sack Man's control)
- Sack Man's Eye (a mystic jewel that replaces the Sack Man's right eye)