Schadenfreude is often referred to as a "daughter" of Evil but this is more symbolic than factual - however both Misery and Iron-Maiden consider her a sibling and Violence also plays a brotherly role towards her.
Schadenfreude is the central antagonist of Pain Factory, alongside Evil - where the entity manipulates Iron-Maiden and Phobia into creating a factory by which to rule as they see fit, however both Schadenfreude and Evil use the factory to gain influence for themselves at the cost of the cosmic-balance.
Schadenfreude will be one of Evil's new Agents of Misery during the Elements of Darkness saga due to Evil's reshaping of the Misery regime.
Powers / Abilities
- Primordial Physiology
- Shape Shifting
- Illusion Casting
- Power Bestowal / Removal
- Torture Mastery
- Sadistic Choice (Schadenfreude can force a victim into a mental breakdown by confronting them with a nightmarish scenario such as a loved one being killed or a close friend being tortured - all while offering them a chance to save them, once a victim's mind is broken by this illusion Schadenfreude can convert them into mindless slaves, though strong-willed beings can resist it)
- Misery ("sister" - disapproves of her use of excessive torture and death but does find potential in her nevertheless)
- Iron-Maiden ("sister" - greatly enjoys her use of torture and admires her dedication to pain and suffering)
- Violence ("brother" - takes pride in her work, though still desires her to go further down the path of ruin and death)
- Evil ("mother" - sees her as a pawn and although pleased with her work would happily destroy her if given the chance)